ScienceWorks is a Great Place to Volunteer!
Put your time and talents to great use with ScienceWorks Hands-On Museum! We’re looking for enthusiastic Interns and Volunteers to join our team. If you value curiosity, wonder, and exploration, ScienceWorks is the perfect place for you to volunteer! Our museum is a dynamic leader and community resource recognized throughout Southern Oregon and Northern California for inspiring curiosity and creating meaningful science experiences for people of all ages and backgrounds. We would love to have you as a valued member of our team at ScienceWorks!
2021 Summer Volunteer & Intern Opportunities:
Summer Camp Intern
Are you excited about science? Are you interested in a career in education? ScienceWorks runs fun summer camps for local youth all summer long! The Summer Camp Intern Program is seeking highly motivated, science-oriented, education-minded students to assist its Camp Staff. Interns can expect to gain hands-on training in public programming, cutting-edge education techniques, and general nonprofit operations. We look forward to working with you!
Summer weekday interns needed, minimum two-week/maximum 10-week commitment, Apply Now!
Wonder Guide Intern
Are you excited about science? Do you enjoy conducting experiments? Are you interested in a career in theater or education? ScienceWorks is famous for delivering high-quality hands-on science experiences to the general public. The Wonder Guide Program is seeking highly motivated, science-oriented, education-minded students to assist its Programs Staff. Interns can expect to gain hands-on training in public programming, cutting-edge education techniques, outreach, and general nonprofit operations. We look forward to working with you!
Summer weekend interns needed, Apply Now!
Responsible for cleaning the museum throughout operation. Cleaning supplies are provided. Replace supplies in the museum as needed. Report damaged or malfunctioning exhibits to staff.
Weekend help needed. We will work with your schedule for this position! Contact us at email@example.com!
Get to know our current exhibits. Engage with and support visitors. Help visitors adhere to COVID guidelines.
Summer weekend help needed. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Volunteer Team Mission and Values:
- Mission: ScienceWorks’ Volunteer Program offers the structure and foundation for volunteers and interns to contribute to the mission of ScienceWorks (To be a champion of science—inspiring curiosity, wonder, and exploration through engaging and interactive experiences). Our volunteers complement, assist, and partner with the core paid museum staff in practically every facet of operation. We recognize that volunteers provide ScienceWorks with resources of experience and talent which are unique and necessary. We strongly value this contribution and hope to offer each volunteer a satisfying, productive, and rewarding experience. Through our volunteer program, we offer:
- An opportunity to contribute talents and skills through active participation in programs and events at ScienceWorks. Volunteers and paid staff are partners in museum operation.
- An exciting educational resource for further study in STEM, education, or museum operations.
- An opportunity to grow both personally and professionally.
- Fun- We find joy and fulfillment in the activities that we do.
- Patience- We are not judgemental and take the time to understand.
- Respect- We appreciate volunteers and all others involved at ScienceWorks.
- Integrity- We do the right thing even when others are not looking.
- Flexibility- We are open to growth, change, and new ideas.
- Professionalism- We have quality standards and act accordingly.
- Curiosity- We foster a safe place to explore, wonder, and learn.
For more information, please contact email@example.com or call 541-482-6767.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering - let's champion science together!