Let ScienceWorks come to you!
Our outreach program brings ScienceWorks educators right to your classroom or community event. We offer a variety of science demonstrations and hands-on workshops that inspire and educate.
Capacity for outreach visits in March and April 2023
Hands-On Workshops: Inside the Classroom
Our ScienceWorks educators will come to you! Our staff will visit your class for plenty of hands-on, inquiry-driven fun. Are you ready for NGSS-aligned, hands-on, STEM activities for your group? We offer school outreach programs starting with your Preschoolers going up to High School Students!
- Show and Share Visits (PreK - 2): Our ScienceWorks staff will come with interesting specimens and stories from the field as a launch point into hands-on inquiry. Students can investigate, observe, and handle specimens like rocks, fossils, bones, and more.
- LEGO Engineering (PreK - 12): In our popular LEGO engineering workshops, students work together to solve problems, use critical thinking skills, and work together in order to complete engineering challenges.
- Circuitry and Robotics (PreK - 8): This workshops acts as an introduction to robotics and coding for our young students. For older students we take a deeper dive in robotics and circuitry by building their very own take home bot!
- Chain Reaction Machines (PreK - 12): This classic STEM workshop combines engineering and design skills to challenge students to build a Chain Reaction Machine. Students are tasked with designing a series of chain reactions in order to move their marble or ball from one point to another. A great launching or culminating activity for a unit on forces.
- DIY Mini Museum (3 - 12): Be your very own Museum Curator in this new outreach program! Students dissect owl pellets and design their very own mini-museum. This workshop requires a minimum of 2 days and can be done up to a 4-day outreach program.
Visits are offered in 60 minute time blocks for groups of up to 30, with up to 120 minutes (aka two sessions!) per booking.
Available: Monday - Thursday, Starting at 10:00 - 11:00 AM, 1:00 - 2:00 PM
- For specialty outreach visits such as all-school events or after-school, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
$210 per 1-hour long-session plus mileage
$72 for additional sessions
Title 1 Discounts are available! Contact ScienceWorks Education Department for more information.
Additional Outreach Programming: Outside the Classroom
Science LIVE! Demonstration
This museum favorite comes to you as a dynamic way to inspire, educate, and entertain. We offer science demonstrations for schools, festivals, community centers, senior groups, after-school programs, science fairs, and libraries. Perfect for any age, these demonstration-packed shows are a fun way to get people excited about science!
$490 Regular pricing
$145 for Additional shows on the same day
Title 1 Discounts are available!
Take part in ScienceWorks’ hands-on engineering challenge, where you become the engineer at up to 10 self-led creation stations! Can you create designs that will be strong enough, clever enough and unique enough to complete the mission? ScienceWorks provides the materials, you provide the brainpower!