Field Trips and Group Visits
We have designed a new kind of field trip so you can bring your group to visit ScienceWorks, while observing public health precautions. These activities are ideal for family learning pods, homeschool groups, and small school classes. We will host only one group at a time, to allow for physical distancing and enhanced cleaning of our hands-on exhibits.
Bring your multi-family pod for morning museum fun.
Bring a class of students for an NGSS-aligned science series.
Bring your homeschool group for a science enrichment sequence.
Field Trips Available Monday-Friday Mornings
Each field trip includes a workshop (1 hour), plus time to enjoy the museum exhibits (1 hour). To keep your group safe and provide excellent instruction and engagement, we will host one group per morning, Monday-Friday 9:15 - 11:30 am.
- Science Illustration (mammal skulls)
- STEM Storytelling (LEGO engineering)
- Nature of Science (coming soon)
- Circuitry and Robotics (coming soon)
ScienceWorks educators will demonstrate and lead your group through a fun hands-on activity.
Each workshop theme has several activities available, so you can visit many times and not repeat the same activity.
Does your group love robotics? Sign up for a series and complete four different activities! Looking for a weekly break from laptop learning? Register for a weekly trip and do all four units. Single visits are also available.
Fall 2020 Featured Workshops
Our first two workshops are ready!
Learn how to draw like a scientist with a Science Illustration activity (mammal skulls) or enjoy STEM Storytelling with a LEGO engineering project.
Schedule Your Trip
- Find an open time on the calendar. Bookings must be made at least 2 weeks in advance.
- Click here to complete the registration form.
- Scheduling is done on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Face coverings are required to be worn by all attendees/participants.
- Additional fees apply for certain workshops that require special materials.
- Additional fees apply for late pickup of participants.
- Availability may change, depending on conditions.
- For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org