Our new volunteer roles are ready to be filled! We are seeking people who are interested in volunteering once a week or once a month or once a year, depending on the role you are hoping to fill! There will be more information coming soon on each job listed, but call now for an interview with the Volunteer Coordinator at 541-482-6767 ext 229.
Science Activities Facilitator
Da Vinci’s Garage Facilitator
Parent & Me Facilitator
Field Trip Facilitator
Summer Intern Leader
Summer 2017 Internship
ScienceWorks is offering a limited number of summer internships for students, ages 14 and older, who are interested in science, developing new skills that can be applied personally and professionally, having fun and giving back to the community.
• Complete the Internship Application (Include your unavailable dates)
• Write a cover letter why you want to become an intern at ScienceWorks
• Do not fill out the online volunteer application
• Application packets are due by Friday, April 28th, 2017
Summer 2017 Internship Application Packet
Event and Fundraising Team
Gift Shop Steward
Operations, Exhibits, and Facilities Volunteers
Grounds and Garden Steward
Basic Expectations of All Volunteers:
- Conduct yourself in an open, friendly, professional manner at all times.
- Attend all trainings as required by your assignment area.
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date time sheets for your volunteer service at ScienceWorks.
- Maintain your schedule to the best of your ability. Call ahead if you cannot make a shift.
- Arrive on time in appropriate dress.
- Follow the policies and procedures of ScienceWorks.
- Understand Inquiry-Based Science.
- A basic knowledge of the physical sciences would be helpful, but is not required.
- Serve at least one 2-3 hour shift per month.
- Wear your name badge and vest/lab coat when you are working at with the public.
- Know and practice effective visitor service.
- Provide prompt, informed and friendly attention to all visitors.
- Greet every visitor with a smile.