Volunteering at ScienceWorks
New Volunteer Spring Orientation
Saturday, April 15th 2017
10:00am - 4:30pm
(Full day training; lunch is provided.)
You don't have to be a scientist to play an important role on our team. You'll find that sharing your time and talent as a ScienceWorks volunteer is as rewarding as it is fun. Learn to run the Painting Pendulum, be an Exhibit Interpreter, or lead Educational Activities! Volunteers opportunities currently available include:
- office assistant
- outreach team member
- social media team
- event and fundraising team
- shop steward
- exhibit maintenance steward
- facilities steward
- Da Vinci's Garage facilitator
- Parent & Me facilitator
- Field trip facilitator
Summer 2017 Internship
ScienceWorks is offering a limited number of summer internships for students, ages 14 and older, who are interested in science, developing new skills that can be applied personally and professionally, having fun and giving back to the community.
• Complete the Internship Application (Include your unavailable dates)
• Write a cover letter why you want to become an intern at ScienceWorks
• Do not fill out the online volunteer application
• Application packets are due by Friday, April 28th, 2017
Summer 2017 Internship Application Packet
|volunteer at ScienceWorks|
A diverse group of over 100 people actively volunteer at ScienceWorks throughout the year. Youth and adult volunteers provide essential services for the museum, and offer a unique Rogue Valley experience to our visitors. Volunteers assist with visiting school groups, present hands-on activities, facilitate visitors’ experiences with the exhibits, help at special events, and work behind the scenes in the office and exhibit shop.
Click here for a list of current volunteer positions.
Adults 18 and over
, click here to complete a Volunteer Application Form
Youth 17 and under
, click here to complete a Volunteer Application Form.
Volunteer benefits include:
- ScienceWorks t-shirt after 25 hours of service
- Family membership after 50 hours of service
- Discounts on merchandise, birthday parties and summer camps
- Special recognition events
For more information, please contact email@example.com or 541-482-6767 ext. 229. Thank you for your interest in volunteering - you bring science to life!