Volunteering at ScienceWorks
New Volunteer Spring Orientation
Saturday, April 15th 2017
10:00am - 4:30pm
(Full day training; lunch is provided.)
You don't have to be a scientist to play an important role on our team. You'll find that sharing your time and talent as a ScienceWorks volunteer is as rewarding as it is fun. Learn to run the Painting Pendulum, be an Exhibit Interpreter, or lead Educational Activities! Volunteers opportunities currently available include:
- office assistant
- outreach team member
- social media team
- event and fundraising team
- shop steward
- exhibit maintenance steward
- facilities steward
- Da Vinci's Garage facilitator
- Parent & Me facilitator
- Field trip facilitator
Summer 2018 Summer Volunteer Corps and Internships
ScienceWorks is offering a limited number of summer internships for students, ages 14 and older, who are interested in science, developing new skills that can be applied personally and professionally, having fun and giving back to the community.
2018 Summer Volunteer Corp Application
- Complete the Summer Volunteer OR Internship Application (include any dates that you are unavailable)
- Write a no longer than one-page cover letter stating why you want to become a volunteer or intern at ScienceWorks, and what you hope to get out of the experience
- Do not fill out the online volunteer application
- Application packets are due by Friday, April 20th 2018. They must be mailed to:
ScienceWorks Hands-On Museum
Erin Endress (2018 Summer Volunteer Corps)
1500 East Main Street
Ashland, OR 97520
2018 Summer Internship Application
|volunteer at ScienceWorks|
A diverse group of over 100 people actively volunteer at ScienceWorks throughout the year. Youth and adult volunteers provide essential services for the museum, and offer a unique Rogue Valley experience to our visitors. Volunteers assist with visiting school groups, present hands-on activities, facilitate visitors’ experiences with the exhibits, help at special events, and work behind the scenes in the office and exhibit shop.
Click here for a list of current volunteer positions.
Adults 18 and over
, click here to complete a Volunteer Application Form
Youth 17 and under
, click here to complete a Volunteer Application Form.
Volunteer benefits include:
- ScienceWorks t-shirt after 25 hours of service
- Family membership after 50 hours of service
- Discounts on merchandise, birthday parties and summer camps
- Special recognition events
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-482-6767 ext. 229. Thank you for your interest in volunteering - you bring science to life!